From:
Frank Humphrey <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Sun, 14 Jun 1998 17:21:48 -0400
Yesterday I went to remove some bees from a boarded up window in a
cinderblock building.  I was told that it was a swarm which had only been in
there for a few weeks.  I smoked them heavily and pried off the plywood
cover.  Boy did I get a rude awakening.  I was wearing only a veil and short
sleeve shirt. The cavity was 5 feet wide, 4 feet tall, 10 inches deep and
packed with honey and bees.  I have never seen so many bees in one colony
and most tried to attack me. After getting dressed appropriately,  I sealed
the cavity leaving a 1" hole for and entrance.  I went back today and put a
cone over it and set up a bait hive to trap the bees.  I plan to trap most
of the bees and go back later to get the queen.  It would be just pure luck
if I were to find her in that mass of bees.

I took lots of pictures and scanned them in.  If anyone would like to see
them, let men know by private email and I will send them to you.

Frank Humphrey