From:
randy oliver <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 14 May 2015 08:16:46 -0700

> >While I admire the work that Bee Informed Partnership is doing to try to
> assess and analyze the state of beekeeping in the USA today, there is a
> serious flaw in their methodology.

I'm in complete agreement, Pete, both in commendation and questioning the
"data."  I personally do not provide a response, since when I went over the
math with BIP leadership, the numbers for my operation would have not
accurately reflected actual loss rates.

Far better, IMHO, would be to actually track the survival rate of 100
marked and monitored hives in a number of representative operations
throughout the country.

--
Randy Oliver
Grass Valley, CA