From:
Richard Stewart <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 21 Dec 2008 15:26:30 -0500
Bob

I am not judging the benefit vs cost, just that it does transmissions/
invasions happen, legally or illegally.  While some invasive species
have helped bees I would argue that the dangers to bees have
eliminated any benefit we might eek out of a species let loose in an
environment unprepared for it or with no natural enemies.

It is, usually quite rare to find a beneficial species that is invasive.

Richard Stewart
Carriage House Farm
North Bend, Ohio

An Ohio Century Farm Est. 1855