From:
Janet Montgomery <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 30 Jan 2003 11:11:39 -0500
I have planted several pussy willow bushes for early season pollen.
If you know someone that has a pussy willow shrub, in order to get long
pussy willow  stems with  "flowers," they should be pruned and fertilized.
The prunings, last and previous years wood, can be cut into 16-18 inch
sections. Take the pieces and place them into 12" holes, I use a crow bar,
firm the soil around the piece.  I can get approximately 50 to 75% take. You
will then have pussy willows for decoration and early bee pollen.

Dan Veilleux
Vilas, NC