From:
Bill Hesbach <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 5 Mar 2018 14:20:25 -0500
>Therefore, I was wondering if there might be a duration that one could wait to reduce this possibility. Though it sounds like this information is not readily available.

Megan Colwell, University of Manitoba Ph.D. candidate, is doing work on how BQCV and DWV in wax can reinfect bees.  I suggest a look at her presentation   https://vimeo.com/245970562 . She tried a few ways to rid wax of the viruses and found that just time, about 30 days, to be a point where she detects significantly fewer DWV in the resting comb. If you think her work worthwhile, resting used comb for a period may be worthwhile.

Bill Hesbach
Cheshire CT