From:
Maryam Henein <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 24 Feb 2008 21:28:05 -0800
I don't know if there is a proper translation but this is my attempt:

Since the mid 80s there has been significant bee losses which have reached a world scale. There was study conducted between 2002-2005 on 120 colonies. The hives belonged to 24 French Beeks. The study took into consideration many variables including: population levels, sanitary conditions,  pesticides present in the hive, agricultural practices within 1.5 km diameter. Some ( I didn't translate all of them) results:

Amongst seven diseases , anomolies and pathogens looked for, six were found present in the hives. Varroa played a big factor They also found imadocloprids, and acide 6-chloroncotinique (anyone? I has the word nicotine in it), in the pollen. Fipronil is also mentioned.

Surprisingly (my own word), no statistic correlations was evidenced between pesticide residues and bee population (adult and larvae).