From:
randy oliver <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 6 Jun 2012 21:54:56 -0700

> >Why not write to the "letters to the editor" both of you?

Have already corresponded at length with the authors.  Have already sent a
list of appropriate questions to the editor of Bulletin of Insectology.  He
replied that there is no format for discussion in letter to the editor for
that journal.

During my correspondence, the paper was apparently nearly retracted by the
Bulletin.

I will be publishing an abbreviated version of the long list of questions
that I submitted to the authors and the Bulletin in the ABJ.  The authors
unfortunately reneged on their agreement to answer them.

In answer to Dean's question, I will include my calculations.

I asked far more questions than have so far been posted to the List.

I was also going to publish the correspondence, since I told the authors
that it was all on the record and would be published.  But I've decided
that it would be so embarrassing to the authors that I'm holding off.

--
Randy Oliver
Grass Valley, CA