From:
mark berninghausen <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 10 Dec 2005 13:07:16 -0800
Michael Palmer <[log in to unmask]> wrote:    >>And Hey guys, how often do your bees supercede?
Mike

Mark: Not sure. Are you? I'll bet more often than we think. Seems like I heard Dave Miksa say something about requeening after every nectar flow. But maybe he just wanted to sell queens.

  I was getting some of my colonies ready to go south today (yeah right, brrr). One of the weak colonies is in a 6and 5/8 super. When I stood it on end, preparing to put it on top of another weak colony in a deep super, what did I see but a torn down queen cell. If the temperature had been better I might have looked tosee if there is a queen there. But it's not. Besides, the other colony should be queen right, right?

  Mark

Yahoo! Shopping