From:
"Peter L. Borst" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 9 Jul 2008 06:50:08 -0400
Dean writes:
> so why don't we have an intensive program in the united states to select for mite resistant bees?  doesn't this sound like exactly what we need?

Dean,
Your question is headed in the right direction. But it is slightly off
the mark. The question should be: Why, after working on this for
almost twenty years, are we not farther along? I would be interesting
in discussing this, but you need to catch up on the background work.

"SMR -- This Honey of a Trait Protects Bees From Deadly Mites" was
published in the May 2004 issue of Agricultural Research magazine.

--
Peter L Borst
Danby, NY USA