From:
Andy Nachbaur <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 14 Dec 1997 21:52:00 GMT
BK (BEEKEEPING) ECONOMICS v1.2

A set of six disks to install a data base (FoxPro) program  that is
worth the effort for those who would like to learn about data base
programs and at the same time experience a well built Beekeeping
Simulation and an Extensive Beekeeping data base for all US states.

The program runs very well on my Winds of 95 Pet 200mh w/32 megs of ram
and is said to be as good on Windows 3.1 so it should be OK on OS2, and
is coded for NT for those on the cutting edge. A Mac version also is
available.

The price is right, FREE to at least US Beekeepers and it must be
requested as so far it is not available for d/l. For more info:

http://gears.tucson.ars.ag.gov/

I sure don't want anyone to get the idea that I have soften my rhetoric
on BS (bee research), but a effort well done deserves some praise and
Gloria DeGrandi-Hoffman has been working a long time to get this and
other computers programs out and if you go to this site:

http://gears.tucson.ars.ag.gov/soft/index.html

You will find two interesting programs to try that can be D/Led right
now as you wait for your BK-ECONOMICS to arrive in the mail.

Another software product that I have found by use to be worth the price
is EUDORA PRO Email ver 4.0, the cost is $39 US, information at:

http://www.eudora.com/pro_email/

The more I use this program the more powerful I find its features. It
allows you to catch your LIST MAIL or any mail in its own mail box and
has good filtering to reduce the spam that we all hate. Also has a "auto
responder" that I hope to learn to use so I can close down my UUCP
account that I use for Wild Bee's BBS beekeeping faq's. This program is
not being shipped yet but you can d/l the latest version for a 30 day
test drive.

Well I have much more to write but will have to save it for the next
time but would like to add that God has been very good to me and all
beekeepers in this area of California and we are into a early green
season that holds more promises then any seen by the young generation of
beekeepers now in the field. The price for honey may has slipped off its
highs but the experience of producing a bumper crop is worth more at
least to me then the price it sells for and just maybe California is in
for one of those bin busters that are only faint memories in just a few
of us old times left to dream of the old days when honey production was
measured in case's per hive, each wooden case held two 60 lb cans and
two case's per hive was a good average if you did not move to more then
one honey flow.

ttul, the OLd Drone

(c) Permission is granted to freely copy this document
in any form, or to print for personal use.

(w)Opinions are not necessarily facts. Use at own risk.
121497
---
 þ QMPro 1.53 þ http://194.112.46.22/public/default.htm (Amigabee BBS)