From:
Allen Dick <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 29 Dec 2000 10:17:57 -0700
I recently began a project to list the skills and experience levels we seek when
hiring beekeeping help, and to try to establish some linkage between these
prerequisites and the pay scale to be expected -- both at time of hiring and as
the help becomes more qualified over time.  The project is based -- along with
most of my writing these days -- at my diary pages at
http://www.internode.net/HoneyBee/Diary/.

This list of qualities should be interesting to anyone who keeps bees or is
considering doing so, as well as those who hire help or are considering hiring
on as beekeeping help. The direct link to the current copy of my list is
http://www.internode.net/HoneyBee/Diary/Evaluate.htm

I will be working on it over time and hope to get it some kind of official
status when complete.  I'm hoping that others will jump in and help out with
serious suggestions, (and maybe, inevitably, some less than serious
suggestions).

Write direct to [log in to unmask] unless you think your contribution is
either so excellent -- or so funny -- that it should go onto BEE-L.

To give some background, here's a quote from a recent diary page.

" ...I discovered something quite fascinating relating to my current employee
evaluation  project.  An HRDC kiosk that was set up to assist with job searches
and I tried searching under 'beekeeper'.  There was no such designation and the
machine referred me to general farm labour.   No wonder we have problems finding
new help and maintaining a pool of skilled workers"  No one realises that this
is as much a trade as 'mechanic'"...

allen