Date:
Thu, 12 Apr 2012 18:41:08 -0400
Richard

Whether a nuc or a hive we usually take the queen out 3 to 5 days prior to requeening,
always checking for queen cells and eliminating them, also prior to requeening. Once the queen is introduced
we let it stay in the queen cage at least three days, before taking the cork out and letting the bees
release the queen. We get high percentage of acceptance using this method.

What are your methods like?

Richard Martyniak

Jose wrote: "In an environment of Africanized Honey Bees such as Puerto
Rico a vicious hive is re-requeened precisely to modify it's BEHAVIOR
and it works, more often than not, if the queen is properly introduced. "