From:
"Steven A. Creasy" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 3 Apr 1997 22:33:13 EST
According to Marc Sevigny:>
> 4. Any good ideas for embedding the wax foundations into the wire?  I
don't
> have an electric gizmo, and dont have an embedding wheel.  What
do-it-yourself
> methods are practical from things found around a typical house?

There have been some good responses to this, but in the end it's a lot of
work!  I am switching to all permadent or pierco snap-in plastic,
wax-coated foundation.  No cross wiring, no *blow-outs* on extracting, no
holes chewed through comb, wax moth damage can be cut away or melted and
the foundation recoated with melted wax and reused indefinitely.  It is a
little more expensive, but if you rarely/never have to replace it the
extra cost now is worth it.  And when I say plastic , wax-coated I do NOT
mean Duragilt.  I will never use it again.  When it is stripped down to
the plastic, there is no cell pattern and *my* girls will not draw it
back out.  I wish someone had told me about this when I started!

Steve Creasy-                           (\
Maryville, Tennessee USA   {|||8-
Proverbs 24:13, 25:16            (/