From:
Geert van Eizenga <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 25 Apr 2011 05:10:03 +0200
In the context of the subject I found this article. Mr.Fletcher describes
that several times African bees were send to Brasil

THE AFRICAN BEE, APIS MELLIFERA ADANSONII, IN AFRICA
David J. C Fletcher, Bee Research Laboratory, Plant Protection Research
Institute, Private Bag X134,
Pretoria 0001, South Africa

Annu. Rev. Entomol. 1978.23:151-171

Importations to other countries were not uncommon. Par example:
- Woyke, J. 1973. Experiences with Apis mellifera adansonii in Brazil and in
Poland. Apiacta 8:115-16
and
- Darchen, R. 1976. L’elevage d’Apis mellifica adansonii dans le Sud-Oest
de la France. La Gazette Apic. 827:222-24,232

I recall that during the beginning of the nineties in Germany new ideas were
launched by German beescientists to pick up research again with scutellata.
The plans were strongly opposed by the German beekeepers.

Geert van Eizenga.

P.S. I can send the article to those who are really interested, privately.

Green Bee Consultancy
Drs.Geert Van Eizenga
Marnelaan 41
9727 DS Groningen/Holland