From:
bob harrison <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Tue, 9 May 2000 11:39:27 -0500
John Mitchell wrote:

> In a message dated 5/9/00 8:43:02 AM, [log in to unmask] writes:
>
> <<This
> was a smallish queen and seemed to me to have a slim abdomen.>>
>
> Once again, it's the thorax, not the abdomen, that is hindered by the
> excluder.
Hi John,
I don't know about previous discussion but researchers have said at
various meetings i have attended that bees DO grow in the first few days
after emerging. Most of the talk was about drones so i don't know if the
thorax would grow on a queen. I am still trying to figure out why you
would super a swarm om the first day of catching. I just allways
assumed  the queen was kept below the queen excluder because of her size
and possibly her abdomen. I quess i learned something. Thanks!
Bob Harrison U.S.A.