From:
John Caldeira <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 13 Jan 1996 02:22:49 -0800
At 11:14 PM 1/12/96 -0600, you wrote:
>Hello,
>
>Would anyone know if there is a book descibing Quenn Rearing with the
>Jentner (sp.?) System?  Also does anyone have any strong feelings one way or
>another about the system itself or it otential use by a novice at queen
rearing?

>Thanks to all,

I don't know of a book on the Jenter queen rearing method, but I wrote an
article on it that appeared in Bee Culture magazine, in the January 1991 issue.

  The main advantage of the Jenter queen is that the novice can avoid
grafting larvae.  Anyone raising more than one or two hundred queens each
season will probably want to learn to graft, but the Jenter kit can make
novice beekeepers into successful queen-producers in a quick step.  I think
it's good for that purpose.

  -John in Dallas (e-mail me with your snail-mail address if you want a copy
of the Bee Culture article)