Date:
Sat, 22 Apr 1995 10:36:08 EDT
I was familiar with a "mean" bee as a kid in the Appalachians
that my grandparents called the German bee.  Around here now,
people refer to a bee which I believe to be the same one as the
Cumberland Mountain bee (its often associated with feral
colonies).  I'm wondering if this was the bee introduced by the
colonists.
Jack Turner