From:
William Morong <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 9 Jul 2000 01:08:22 -0400
My 1 of 18 colonies that seemed to want smoke for handling got slightly
touchy for a couple weeks.   Then their production fell off.  Suspecting
queen trouble, I tore them apart for a look.  Found mother and daughter
laying on adjacent frames.  Their mood has returned to tranquil as in the
past, and I'm hoping to dispense with lighting the smoker.   Another
colony, the one that despises smoke, also had two queens last week, but did
not get touchy.  I had never seen mother and daughter together, and now
have seen two cases in a week.  Both new queens came from huge supersedure
cells and are very long and beautiful.  Bees will be bees!

Bill Morong