From:
Eduardo Varni <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 22 Jan 1997 23:25:04 ARG
Dear Bee-listers...
I am Eduardo Varni from Argentina and I own hives here.
Since two years ago the production decresed 30% due one hornet who killed
bees(Its scientific name is Mallophora Ruficauda).It  hunt the bees on flight
and at the same time it produce a frightening hum. This noise makes the bees
remain in their hives.
The female hornet laid his eggs on the low branches of trees and /or on wires
of the fences .When the larvae are born,they fall to the ground and buried
themselves .There, they await for soil worms to parasite during the
winter.Then they reborn in summer as a killer hornet.
This  predator eats all kind of insects ,specially bees.
We began a survey to fight against this predator, so we wish to receive same
information or experiences about control methods ,sexuan Pheromones isolation
or something else .
Thanks in advance for your help.
Regards

* Eduardo Varni                   *