From:
Date:
Fri, 21 Apr 1995 11:40:54 -0600
Hi again:

The point about strong hives getting most of the syrup is correct.
However, my system does not track individual e-mail addresses, so I do
not know the identity of the respondent.

This has been often requested, but here goes again, please  use a
signature line with your name and e-mail address so people can respond
directly and not have to go to the entire list.

Also, Joel says he is using a 1:1 sugar solution, that is pretty weak and
could do as much harm as good.  Generally a 2:1 sucrose to water ratio is
recommended.  Even that concentration may stress the colonies because
the bees have to evaporate off excess water and convert the sucrose to
glucose and fructose.

Jerry Bromenshenk
The University of Montana
Missoula, MT  59812-1002