Date:
Thu, 27 Feb 2014 10:34:25 -0500
The biggest issue with any kind of ground cover in orchards is spray. The
forage may be great for bees but the times that the orchard manger sprays
may also be death for the same bees.

They probably will not spray when their crop is blooming, but could easily
spray when the ground cover is.Classic with apples and crown vetch in my
area. Since I do not spray, all is fine with my bees, but not so with
others I know who had problems with apple growers and ground cover.

Bill Truesdell
Bath, Maine