From:
Chris Allen <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 15 Oct 1996 08:57:02 +1100
RE>Reactions to Stings

>.... your personal physician should give you a prescription for Epipen if
you tell him/her you are a beekeeper....<

Is "Epipen" a trade name? This stuff may be known by different names in
other parts of the world.
Please let us known its full generic name so that we can talk to our local
doctors and chemists any where in the world.

>>If you get this stuff for your own use, make sure you get a good delivery
system that you know you can use.  Try a few trial does of harmless fluids
to make sure you can handle it.<<

>What is a harmless fluid?  Certainly it would have to be something sterile,
and not just water, for sure - it would have to be physiologic saline, at
the very least.<

The fluids I had in mind were the ones that you mention.  I also assumed
that you would "practice" under supervision of an experienced medico.

>In any event, Epipen comes with a self injector.  All you
have to do is press it against your clothing and press the trigger, so it's
really not such a big deal.<

I did not know this and am glad to hear it. The practice sessions I
originally suggested may not be necessary.
Regards

Chris Allen