From:
Doug Russell <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 2 Jul 1996 13:28:54 -0700
At 03:13 AM 7/2/96 +0000, John Alexander wrote:
>Greetings all,
>
>On the apistan package, it says to dispose of properly.  What is
>the proper way to dispose of the used strips?  I would rather not
>just dump them in the garbage.
>
>John Alexander
>mailto:[log in to unmask]

In the US, you can legally throw the used strips in the trash if you are a
hobby beekeeper. (If you are commercial, you may have to determine if the
volume generated in a month requires a different disposal method).   If you
want to make certain that as much of the pesticide is out of the strip as
possible before it is sent to a landfill, you could hang it in the open sun
for a week or more.
There would probably be next to nothing left in the strip after that.

In some communities, local industries or state/city agencies hold one or two
chemical pickup/recycling days a year for homeowners to safely dispose of
household chemicals, paints and oils.

Doug

Doug Russell