From:
Bob Harrison <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 23 Dec 2012 23:46:35 -0600
Hello All,
I thought the 2,4 D saga would end before now.

The issue in my opinion is as Jim points out about 2,4,5-T in the 60's sold
to the general public and the maker saying safe for home use.
How did the product get by the EPA?

Time and again a bureaucrat in a Washington office dictates what is a safe
level for humans to consume or handle.

The only excuse given to the million people harmed by Agent orange in Viet
Nam by the makers was the maker never intended to harm people.

The cleanup at Times Beach Missouri ( 27 acres from memory) cost 100 million
dollars of which U.S. taxpayers  ( you and I ) paid 90 million dollars.
That's a lot of money which could have been better spent.

Checkout:
http://www.aboutlawsuits.com/lawsuit-alleges-cameron-missouri

Tanning company sold toxic sludge to farmers for fertilizer for their
fields.

Reports say 2,4,5-T was dumped in the ocean in 55 gallon drums.

I live in farming community and sheep always need protecting from the
predators.

I personally am tired of sorry and feel jail time is what is needed for
those involved.

2,4 D being sprayed in daylight when bees are on the plants is going to be
*in my opinion* a big problem for beekeepers as compared to roundup. My bees
work henbit in corn fields before planting.

I come from a long line of farmers and I believe John Deere could come up
with a mechanical machine to pull through a corn field as we did with the
old cultivators till the corn plants were higher than the weeds.

Lets start getting farmers off the chemical treadmill. Think of the profits
in farming if the farmer did not have to buy seeds, as much fertilizer  or
herbicide? Think of
the honey crops from Blue Vine in Missouri!

We used to save the seed to replant. the old Dents corn produced 12 inch
ears and the only problem was wind damage.

No IPM in today's farming.

bob