From:
"Lipscomb, Al" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 25 Jun 1999 14:27:57 -0400
>I was wondering if it were possible to use some form of repellent to
prevent
>or reduce the number of stings on bare hands. A product which would not
harm
>the bees is obviously essential.

I like to use laytex gloves (medical kind). To me they provide the
following:

1) Bees do not touch skin. Not as much chance of a sting.

2) Hands do not touch hive chemicals.

3) Hands do not touch anything that could have AFB spores or EFB bacteria.
Same goes with any other hive problem. Changing gloves between brood chamber
visits reduces chances of me taking something to next hive.

4) Hands do not pick up hive or queen scent. When handling queens this could
reduce chances of balling queen.

5) Gives good sense of touch.