From:
"David L. Green" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 17 May 2000 17:35:06 EDT
In a message dated 5/17/00 11:34:22 AM Pacific Daylight Time, [log in to unmask]
writes:

> As a rank newcomer to beekeeping and the wonderful BeeList (but not to
>  biology, as I have a PhD and keep bees as  a hobby), I'm very curious to
>  know exactly what the problem is with finding genetically modified
>  components in pollen.  Have such components been demonstrated to cause
>  harm if ingested by anyone, including bees and people?  Is fear that it
>  might possibly cause harm driving the perceived problem, or is it
>  something more complicated/substantive?

    No one has yet prove that they are safe, nor has it been proved that they
are dangerous.  I suspect the real driving force is anger that people being
used as guinea pigs without their consent...

Dave Green
The Pollination Home Page: http://pollinator.com