From:
Vivian Donahue <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 19 Jul 2000 21:37:53 -0400
I am not an expert, but I believe that they were mistaken.  A lot of
their laws have to do with blood products, so they might have been
confusing the issues.  But a Rabbi trained for this would probably be
able to help alleviate any concerns they had.   I really believe that
it would be a wonderful outlet for those looking to increase their
profit.   I know my neighbors in Seattle who kept kosher homes would
have LOVED to have received my honey as gifts, but without it being
certified kosher, they couldn't allow it in their kitchens.  I know
they paid twice as much for their chicken just because it was
certified kosher.

Vivian