From:
jim jensen <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 18 Nov 1997 22:31:24 -0500
At 12:59 PM 11/18/97 +0000, you wrote:
> bees probably learn well before it
>> is to cold to fly that there is no sources available in the area and
what is
>> the sense of looking especially if is cold? Of course it is unlikely anyone
>> knows what if any thought processes occur in the bee, probably all
instinct.

>> Alden Marshall
>> B-Line Apiaries
>> Hudson, NH 03051
>>

>There is no doubt a large part instinct but I would say there is also
>at least one part fun!

Hello!

>I couldn't help but remark with Rudolf Steiner's view on this.  I hope you
enjoy it. =)

"That the life of the hive is extraordinarily wisely organized no one who
has ever observed it can deny.  Naturally, no one can say that the bees
have the same kind of intelligence that men have, for we certainly have the
instrument of the brain, whereas the bees have nothing of the kind; thus
the universal world wisdom cannot be drawn into their bodies in the same
way.  But influences coming from the whole surrounding universe do, none
the less, work with immense  power in the bee-hive.  Indeed, one can only
arrive at a right understanding of  what the life of the bees truly is,
when one takes into account that the whole  environment of the earth has a
very great influence upon the life of the colony."
Rudolf Steiner  1923   "9 Lectures on Bees"

    Jim Jensen         Atlanta, GA         [log in to unmask]

               The BioDynamic Honeybee Symposium
      A Quarterly forum for discussion of important topics.
                From beekeepers to beekeepers.
                    Contact me for copies.