From:
James Fischer <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 10 Dec 2013 10:17:00 -0500
> Bees inadvertently add the pollen sticking to their
> bodies when depositing nectar in cells.

> So, within the definitions, trace pollen IS an ingredient
> of the finished honey.

In the context of this discussion, the term "constituent" would the correct
term to use, as the "ingredient" is added by man, and must be listed as "an
ingredient", while the constituent components of honey would be covered by
the term "Honey".

> Honey is manufactured from nectar -
> by bees - honey does not exist in nature.

I think it would be much more accurate to say that honey DOES exist in
nature, and that even if single cells are uncapped with surgical precision
and their contents extracted with a syringe, that the honey would contain
pollen at much higher than "trace levels".  This would be just as true for a
feral hive as for a managed hive, hence my contention that honey "exists in
nature".

That said, my honey labels do list ingredients  - at the insistence of my
wife, the ingredients are "Sunshine, Flowers, Rain, and Buzz".