From:
Bill Truesdell <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 14 May 2007 08:12:01 -0400
Dee Lusby wrote:
> Yes SC bees also reduce the size of the queen cells and
> also drone cells when you regress the bees down from larger
> cell sizes.
When this started the question was that different races do well on small
cell and my question was how you can preserve the race when the queen is
open mated. Dee clarified that with the above.

It appears you are actually selecting for the local bee, if I you are
letting them raise their own. I have no problem with that since that is
what  I do, but I certainly cannot claim that I am preserving whatever
the race of bee was when I started.

If there were AHB in the area, we know that it will prevail when there
is open mating.

Bill Truesdell
Bath, Maine