Date:
Wed, 30 May 2012 09:10:49 -0400
> Or how about anyone else on the List--surely there's got to be someone with
> both Roundup and surfactant mixed, and some bee hives nearby. It's easy to
> put some bees into a package cage with a feeder of syrup, and spray them
> lightly, then leave overnight and check mortality.  Please let us know!

I had a yellow jacket problem several years ago. I got a spray bottle
filled with a mix of diswasher soap and water  (very little soap) and
stationed myself at the hive. It was like a WWII movie of anti-aircraft
fire (the soap spray) and the zeros (yellow jackets) are hit (thanks to the
excellence of the gunner) and plummet to their doom.

So it does not take much to kill bees and yellow jackets, but (lost in this
discussion) they have to be sprayed directly. So, Randy's test has to have
a control as well as a box where the box is sprayed and then the bees are
introduced. His designed experiment will result in dead bees. The control
and sprayed box, the bees should be fine.

Bill Truesdell
Baht, Maine