From:
Grant Gillard <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 5 Apr 2011 09:25:11 -0700
If you've been in beekeeping very long, you'll quickly note that *waxed* plastic foundation has enough, just barely enough wax to be true to it's description.  Kind of like *chicken* noodle soup with just enough chicken to pass the label laws.

If you have your own cappings to melt, plan on adding more wax to the frames.  Melt the wax in a crock pot and roll it on with a 4" foam roller.  You can write me off-list for the details.

I scanned my stack of catalogs from this year and last and couldn't find plastic 4.9 foundation, but I would swear I've seen it.

I gave serious consideration to switching a bunch of hives to small cell, but whether it was the fickle finger of fate or providence, I was deterred and steered in another direction.

Grant
Jackson, MO