From:
charles Linder <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 30 Aug 2014 21:19:49 -0500
Not sure.  What I've observed over my years of queen breeding is that it is
pretty easy to make a major shift in the traits of the bees in one's
operation in about three generations, even more in five. I've observed this
when I've bred (at various times focusing upon a single trait) for
temperament, color, AFB resistance, chalkbrood resistance, or tracheal mite
resistance.

Had this huge aha thought...  You point out in the above ,  that you BRED
for these changes....  that would prove there genetic,  not adaptaions!

Interesting term used here,  "genetic adaptaions",  maybe that's where we
need to define more....  when is it an adaptaion,  and when is it gentic?
In my book if it takes more than one generation,  its not adapting.
Adaptation is what one individual would demonstrate a behavior change.  Like
Killer whales learning to hunt sharks from other pods.  That's adapting...