Date:
Thu, 4 May 2017 09:24:32 -0400
> These two agree that bumble bees and wild bees in general are at risk in
> agricultural and urban environments, which we knew. The point is, each
> study forms a piece of the overall picture, none can be considered
> definitive. Life is like that.

My issue with most of the studies on the neonics is they are held in
isolation as if that is all bees will come in contact with. Which is why
the honeybee study was good in that it looked at the big picture. Same
needs to be done with Bumble bees. They have more problems than our
honeybees and are in greater danger, IMO.

This is one of those things that fit into "The Law of Unintended
Consequences". The plight of the honeybee to the neonics has been hyped so
much that, as it is show to be over hyped, the Bumblebees suffer since the
agitators have lumped them together. Classic "cry wolf". The narrative on
the neonics fail with the honeybee, but in the case of the Bumblebee, there
may be a problem but who is listening?

This is classic politicized science.

Bill Truesdell
Bath, Maine