From:
Stan Sandler <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 28 Nov 1998 12:50:04 -0500
Hi All:

I bought an air nailer about a month ago and have been using it to fasten
frames.  It shoots up to a one and a quarter inch brad (18 guage).  I am
extremely pleased with it.  I am just finishing 5000 frames and found that a
person can assemble 50 frames (with permadent foundation) and fasten them
per hour.  This is about twice as fast as with a hammer and cigar box nails.

So now I am thinking about getting or renting an air stapler to use for
fastening supers, and other equipment.  I was wondering if someone could
give me advice on the size of staples needed for rabbet jointed and glued
supers.  Would a sixteen guage, two inch long staple with a seven sixteens
inch crown be the right size to use?  Would an air stapler be better than a
coil nailer?

Thankyou, Stan