From:
Dave Cushman <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 13 Oct 2007 11:54:34 +0100
Hi P-O

> I find the greatest difficulty to be drone production. No problem to
> inseminate queens, it's a matter of few minutes per queen.

I agree wholeheartedly !

> But it's a different thing with the boys. They don't live long
> outside the hive,

We have recently found a way of improving this, if you make your drone
flight cage over a five frame nuc that has a mesh screen between the nuc
and flight area. Then we can lay our drone cages on the mesh and the
workers in the nuc have contact with them and they do not die so
readily. The cages are drone excluder sides and have the plugs removed,
but the drones mainly stay near the workers and only a few fly into the
collection cage at a time.

Regards & Best 73s, Dave Cushman, G8MZY
http://website.lineone.net/~dave.cushman or http://www.dave-cushman.net
Short FallBack M/c, Build 6.02/3.1 (stable)