From:
Pollinator <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Informed Discussion of Beekeeping Issues (Was Bee Biology)
Date:
Thu, 12 Mar 1998 07:57:03 EST

<< It now seems that the NSAIDs scare was a typical cyberspace hype, unless
 you know better! >>

   You won't convince me.  I have been stung many thousands of times, as a
commercial beekeeper.  The only time I have ever had a serious, systemic
reaction to a sting, was after surgery, when I was taking an ibuprofen-family
pain killer.

    At the time, I was unaware of the connection, so there is NO chance of it
being anything "all in my head." It scared the daylights out of me, because
bees are my livelihood. I kept away from the bees for another week, then
cautiously made one sting me, right at home, where help would be available.
There was no abnormal reaction. The drug was cleared from my body.

    Some guys can get dead drunk with very little alcohol, others can drink
amazing amounts with little apparent effect.  Everybody's chemistry is
different. The effect may be great with some people, but less with others.

   I believe it is only responsible to make sure people are aware of the
possibility.

[log in to unmask]     Dave Green  Hemingway, SC  USA
The Pollination Scene:  http://users.aol.com/pollinator/polpage1.html

Jan's Sweetness and Light Shop    (Varietal Honeys and Beeswax Candles)
http://users.aol.com/SweetnessL/sweetlit.htm