From:
Peter L Borst <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 13 Oct 2008 14:43:14 -0400
Bob writes:

> Peter please fast forward to the location most beeks are at and answer :
> What possible solution for fighting virus is available? ( other than what I stated)

As has been reported previously, Israeli scientists have developed a
technique called RNA interference. They  use small segments of RNA
added to sugar syrup to knock out genes on the viruses which prevents
them from reproducing in the host.

This technique is already being used in plants and has been shown to
work in fruit flies. It is entirely feasible to create a concoction
which will knock out any number of viruses at once, using this method.
It is also being tried on AIDS patients. One problem is that viruses
evolve very quickly, they're sort of a moving target.

--
Peter L Borst
Danby, NY  USA