From:
Allen Dick <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 5 May 2007 09:01:05 -0400
>I've posted their comments and the powerpoint file at
>http://www.honeybeeworld.com/files/russian.htm

I should mentiuon that I altered the PowerPoint files to a self-running
slideshow, so those who do not have PowerPoint installed on their
computers or know how to run PP should be able to view it, under Windows,
at least.  I think I'll post an OpenOffice.org version too, for Linux
users. Anyone having problems, please write me direct.

In relation to the presentation: I now recall having seen it at the
convention, and realise that I did not get the full significance at the
time.

One reason was that differences between the three treatments seemed more
muted than I would have hoped, not 'night and day'.  However, when we
factor in that the hives of the three treatments were not isolated, but
rather intermingled, though, we can see that the good hives helped the bad
and the bad hives affected the good ones.

I suppose this is therefore a good test, since it shows how the Russian
stock with screened bottoms stands up when surrounded by other colonies.
Of course it is only one test in only one place, but it does show a
sizeable difference.