From:
"Barricklow, Walt" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 17 Nov 1999 06:19:36 -0500
I have been treating my hives with aspitan for the last 25 days.  Another inspection of my hives also found it with beetles too.  I am prepared to treat my hive with Coumaphos impregnated plastic strips, but the directions say (1) do not combine with aspitian treatment (2) use by itself or the hive will suffer. Question: because of the effects of the aspitan that will still be in the hive, how long after I remove the aspitian strips, should I wait before putting in the coumaphos  beetle traps. This in the first year that Ive had a problem, havent even treated with aspitan before, in the last 5 years.