From:
Mick Youther <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 23 Jul 1995 15:58:04 -0400
I am a beginner:
I hived a 3 lb. package in late April in southern Illinois.  Things seem to
have gone well.  I have always kept sugarwater available in a boardman
feeder and their use of it is sporadic, depending on the weather.  I have
two deep hive bodies.  When the bees were well on the way to having drawn
out the second story( which I put on after the 1st was almost all drawn)--
I put on a queen excluder and a super.  I checked the super the other day
and found only the slightest trace of any comb drawing and two vertical
holes, one along each side of the center frame of foundation.
    Did I super too soon or what?
Thanks,