From:
David Gaida <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Mon, 16 Nov 1998 18:53:17 -0500
I was glad to see Allen's invitation to get together.  And that Rick and
Nancy will also be at the convention.  Dave and I also plan on attending.
I know Master George and his bee partner will also be there.

I would like to extend another invitation.  Dave and I live about 30 miles
south of Cincinnati, Ohio, just 9 miles off Interstate 75 in Kentucky.  (A
very winding 9 miles :>)  )  We have 3 spare bedrooms and hearts large
enough to accommodate people to fill them.  We love company and would bee
pleased if you are traveling, and need a place to stop over, that you would
consider our home.  We can even show you where our hives were, and our
remaining ladies.  I am an outrageous down home cook (ask anyone at our bee
club) and enjoy cooking for a crowd.

We are 2 exits south (about 8 miles) of where Interstate 71 splits from
Interstate 75 in Kentucky.  It is about 6 to 7 hours on to Nashville from
here; or 3 hours to Kelley's.  A comfortable distance.

I hope you can tell from our posts that we are fun-loving creatures.
Sometimes a little dumber than dirt, but enjoying ourselves tremendously.
Our farm is remote and quiet.

Please, let us know when to expect you.

Noticed our Buckfast bringing in a very bright yellow pollen today.
Searched all through the woods and fields.  We have had about 2 weeks of
nights below freezing and days about 50 - 55 deg. F.  Everything looked
brown and dried to me.  Then I spotted a bee - working dandelions!  In
November!

Judy in Kentucky

84.5 West; 38.5 North    (At least, I think, that's what Dave told me to
write)