From:
randy oliver <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 9 Apr 2010 19:53:10 -0700
>Now before Jerry & Randy chime in that they see hives with 15 million spore

> counts per bee *in their opinion* doing great let me remind both that
> whatever this pathogen is they suspect is the real culprit HAS NO SOLUTION
> ( especially if a virus) so the commercial beekeeper has only ONE option.
> Which is to treat nosema to try and save the bees.

Please don't put words into my mouth again Bob.  I rarely give opinions--I
go out of my way to cite actual observations and data.

I have not experienced nosema at the 15M level until this spring, which is
why I am concerned. I honestly hope that I don't have a problem, as I am
simply too buried in keeping the hives from swarming to treat.  Will get on
taking more samples, and perhaps start treating, when splits are done.

I'm in agreement with you that since we have few options for dealing with
viruses (except perhaps essential oils), that control of mites and nosema is
wise for anyone depending upon healthy bees for a living.

Randy Oliver