From:
Nick Wallingford <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 4 Mar 1998 02:35:25 +1300
of information about American foulbrood available by email

There was a recent thread about making your own creamed honey.  I did
a quick search through my NZ Beekeeper magazines and scanned in two
articles.  One, written by Toge Johansen, describes the *legal*
history of the Dyce method patent.  Not many people know that the
patent was revoked, since the same basic methods of creaming honey
had been used in NZ since about 1914!

The second article is from a beginners series I wrote some years back
and describes making creamed honey on a small scale.

You can get to both of these articles from:
http://www.beekeeping.co.nz

(Sorry about the scanning job - I'm *slowly* learning how to get (1)
good copy and (2) small graphics files... I will get better...

And for AFB.  If you send an email message to [log in to unmask]
you will receive a text file that is part of the NZ beekeepers' Pest
Management Strategy.  This section was written by Dr Mark Goodwin and
gives a good overview of the AFB organism and its effect.  It makes
reference to a number of scientific papers on the subject.  And if
you send an email message to [log in to unmask] you can get the
bibliography of articles about American foulbrood.

  (\           Nick Wallingford
 {|||8-        home [log in to unmask]
  (/           work [log in to unmask]
NZ Beekeeping  http://www.beekeeping.co.nz