From:
Allen Dick <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 23 Apr 1999 20:14:46 -0600
>      A friend just called and said that he had placed nine queens in a
> colony and two days later they were dead.

There is quite a bit about this in the logs, so I'll just say that we have
seldom had any loss just placing up to 100 on top bars immediately over a
queenright brood chamber.`

The major cause of loss seems to be related to placing them into hives
that recede from the top bars at night when it gets cool, which leaves the
queens unwarmed and unfed.  Another major cause might be placing them on a
colony that is being robbed or which is not being adequately fed.

Unfortunately, it is hard to diagnose such problems at a distance because
it is almost impossible to guess what someone might have done that you or
I would have never though of doing.

allen

http://www.internode.net/HoneyBee/