From:
Bob Harrison <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 1 Oct 2010 04:49:12 -0500
Hey  Allen,
Thanks for the post. I am not speaking to formic used on pads but the *not
yet released* (at least in the U.S.)  formic acid strips.
many states are waiting for shipment now. Jerry B. and I had a discussion on
BEE-L awhile back on the subject.
Possibly these will not be released in Canada? States already given a
section 18 are New York, Montana, California, North Dakota and Montana i
believe from memory. I am working on Missouri.
The hold up has been paperwork on N.O.D.'s end I was told and confirmed by
Jerry.
Maybe too good to be true but *if* these *strips* work as intended they
could be what beekeepers have been looking for (or not!).
Quite a bit of testing has went into the strips. The last time I spoke to
N.O.D. products David was overseas working on exporting the formic strips. A
friend in Australia is wanting to be a distributer and get approved so
import will be fast should varroa arrive in Australia.
I am surprised you are not aware of the strips?
I want the strips to test( for now).
The bee magazines have hinted about the strips for months now.
Medhat what have you heard about the formic acid strips?
bob