From:
Jerry Bromenshenk <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 16 Aug 2015 21:50:25 -0400
Not sure I agree with the simplistic 'eggs on side/abdomen too short'.  I assume that's correct some of the time, but I've seen multiple eggs in fully drawn combs of colonies with laying workers.  I call it a shot-gun like scatter of eggs - sides, bottom, where ever she can deposit.

Of course, newly mated queens often lay more than one egg, and the workers clean up after them.  Seems to me that there's some form of behavior development - hesitate to call it learning; but double eggs in bottom common in newly installed packages.