From:
Allen Dick <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 23 Jan 2024 11:53:12 -0500
I have never collected pollen seriously but I would imagine some on the list have done so commercially and have an idea of how much trapped pollen is possible.

Of course, the pollen trapped is necessarily only a portion of the total collection but these numbers could assist in estimating the potential.

Of course the region will make a big difference.  Some areas and seasons are pollen-poor and others have pollen to excess.

Back when they were breaking up the Peace River bush into farmlandin the 60s and 70s, beekeepers had entire brood chambers plugged with pollen and had to trade for empty brood combs with beekeepers from the southern country in order to have room for their queens to lay.

Once the region was tamed, pollen availability dropped considerably.