From:
Dennis LaMonica <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 14 Jan 2014 12:32:23 -0500
The names under which
ESHPA
has operated are as follows:
1870 - 71 New York State Beekeepers’ Association
1872 - 85 Northeastern Bee-keepers’ Association
1886 - 91 New York State Beekeepers’ Association
1892 - 99 ?
1900 - 21 New York State Association of Bee-Keepers’ Societies
1922 - 33 Empire State Federation of Beekeepers’ Cooperative Associations
Inc.
1934 New York State Honey Producers’ Association
1935 - date Empire State Honey Producers’ Association
So this would imply that in 1934 ESHPA moved from representing all
beekeepers to representing honey producers and honey producers has the
connotation of  commerical beekeepers.  That is how most of the hobby and
sideline beeks around me viewed ESHPA and that is why they did not feel
compelled to join in the past.  Looks like that they were right and I was
wrong.

If ESHPA is to represent all beekepers maybe a name change would help.

Dennis
in very western New York, USA