From:
Ian Watson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 18 Jul 1996 19:35:23 -0400
On Wed, 17 Jul 1996, William T Padgett wrote:

> I'll  try again.... My question,  What about re-using apistan stuips?
> Can you re-seal the strips after their first use and use them again
> for the next treatment?   Yes, or no, and why or why not?
> Thanks,
> Tom Padgett
> Auburn, AL

Well.....after using the strips for therequired and recommended 6 weeks,
the level of chemical (fluvalinate) in the strips has reached a low point
because of it migrating to the surface of the plastic.  So re-using them
would serve no purpose but to make the mites immune to the Fluvalinate
because the level of it in the hive is too low to kill most mites and the
ones that survive would be tolerant to it......
But, seing how im not an expert in genetics or evolution, I will leave
the complete explanation to someone more qualified..
Sufice it to say that the Apistan strips are a "One use treatment".

                          Ian Watson